Sew Over It Silk Cami

I choose this pattern when I joined the Sew Over It pdf club and as I’ve now made two in a week you could say I like it !

The first one I made was in a very lightweight cotton/silk blend fabric that I bought in the Truro Fabrics shop when on holiday last year. The second one is a viscose from Close and Hamblin in Winchester which I bought last week for making a pair of Tania Culottes but after cutting them out had quite a lot of fabric left over and thought best to use it up straight away rather than stash it. (I’ve got so many bits of fabric 0.7m-1.0m left over from various projects and I MUST make an effort to use them up !)

The pattern has four pieces, two for the main body and two for the facing. The instructions on the whole are very clear although somewhere around instructions 13 and 14 you really do need to do some under stitching on the facing otherwise it just rolls out, this was especially the case with the lightweight silk/cotton fabric.

I cut a 14 and the fit is pretty good on me, I don’t really have the armhole gaping issues that some other people have complained about so I’m happy about that. I think I prefer the green floral top as the silk one is quite see through. If I make another one with such lightweight fabric I’ll do a full length facing.

This is the silk one.

IMG_6243

This is the viscose one. (Note to self, brush hair before taking photo…)

IMG_6337  IMG_6294  IMG_6335

Here’s hoping for a continuation of the sunny weather. I might make some more of these….

Sew Over It Silk Cami