The Merchant and Mills Factory dress hack


Just going through my scrap basket and I found this, a bodice I had made for an amended Merchant and Mills factory dress top for my daughter. She liked the dress pattern but not the collar so I amended the original to this collarless v-necked version which I made from an upholstery fabric she had selected from Scandinavian Design Centre. Unfortunately she hated this version too so I ended up making a boat necked bodice, taking it up to Bristol, removing this bodice and dropping in the boat necked one. Fortunately she loved the amended version and she has, quite literally, worn it to bits. I am still impressed by the pattern matching effort I went to, especially on the pocket !

 

IMG_1065
Anyway I have just made her a new one to the boat necked design that has been such a success. This time in a plain double gauze from Miss Matatabai


It’s not quite as wrinkly in real life. Let’s hope she likes it….

Advertisements
The Merchant and Mills Factory dress hack

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s